Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015

Mis queridos, 

Happy Monday! So fun to hear from you guys. It looks like you had an
amazing thanksgiving! We had a great one here in Madrid. We had a zone
conference and Hermana Pack and Hermana Larsen are incredible. They
made a full thanksgiving dinner (pictured below) for ALL the Madrid
missionaries. That's about 150 people! It was sooo good. Then on
thanksgiving day we had a thanksgiving dinner made by missionaries.
Was it my mothers cooking? No, but we made it work :) We invited our
friends to come too which made it fun to be all together. A
thanksgiving to remember for sure. 

This week absolutely flew. Now that I think about it though this whole
month has flown. I can't believe it's December!! I'm excited
Christmastime is the best. But anyways! This week was so great.
Between the Zone Conference, Thanksgiving, and the miracles we got to
see, I feel VERY thankful to be a missionary here. During the
Conference we talked about the importance of working with members and
it was SO good for me. I always knew the importance to work with
members, but I never really knew how. We learned a lot though and I'm
excited to see the results.

Here's your Calixto update and funny story for the week. One of the
things they talked about how to work with members more was using
Seminary and Institute. So, we invited Calixto to come to institute
and had everything ready to go. It was 5 after, so we called him to
see where he said that he was at the church, so we hung up and just
kept waiting. Another 15 minutes passed and he was NO WHERE so we
called him again and he said that he was at the church waiting by the
TEMPLE in PAVONES. AHH!! I have no idea how the miscommunication
happened, but long story short we were late to institute :) Luckily
the temple isn't too far. He loved institute though the members here
are so awesome. They spent about 15 minutes planning everything for
his baptism. THIS SATURDAY! We are excited :)

Our next miracle this week was Lourdes. She was the woman we found in
the carpeta about 2 months ago. I haven't written about her in a
little bit because things have been a little slow with her husband not
really being on board with the whole thing. We had a lesson though and
she told us that her husband really isn't the problem, more she just
needs to make church a priority. She told us she didn't care if the
ceiling fell through, she would be at church. And for the first time
she came :) Biggest miracle!!! She is going to Ecuador for the month
of January which puts things on hold a little, but i'm very grateful
for the progress she is making.

I wanted to tell you about one more of our investigators that we met
with this week. Her name is Sonia and she is a machine. This week she
read 2/3 of the book of mormon. What?! She is literally is at the end
of Alma! Who is this girl?! I don't know how much of it she
understood, but she told us she knows that it is the word of God. She
has problems with the word of wisdom, but we set some goals and I have
faith that she can do it. She has come to church twice now and loves
it. Excited for her!

Oh one more thing. Nilo is still my miracle. With work he can only
come to church every other week, but he has come 3 weeks in a row! And
he made us ceviche again this week :) I told him that my parents were
coming in a few months and he said he'd make you guys some ceviche. So
get ready for some raw fish mom and dad :) It's delicious.

I think that is about it! I love you guys and am so thankful for each
and every one of you. It's hard to be away from home during the
holidays, but it's also the best time to be a missionary. What better
time of the year to share the gospel than Christmas?! I love it and am
very excited for this month. Have a great week! I love you and am
praying for you!

xo,
Hermana Marsh

 I forgot to send this pic of Beatriz and me. I LOVE this woman and am

so excited for you to meet her!

 Missionary thanksgiving! :)


 The pumpkin pie was a success!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment