Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2, 2015


Hi Family!!
Wow I just can't believe it is already Monday again and it's NOVEMBER.
Where does the time go. I hope everyone had a happy Halloween! I
dressed up as a sister missionary it was pretty great. We had a roller
coaster week full of lots of ups and downs, but the highs were high
and I'm excited to tell you about them.

At the beginning of the week, I got to stay in Toledo and do an
intercambio with Hermana finch. It was so nice to be with her again!
I've met the most amazing people on my mission and I will forever be
so grateful for them. Not to mention I got to work in Toledo. That
place is beautiful!

The next day we got to go to the temple. Wow I can't even express how
great it was to go there this week. 7 months is a long time! I don't
know how people do it there whole missions. As the session progressed,
the spirit increased so much and I just didn't want to leave. I love
the temple, especially the Madrid temple. It is my place here in my
mission and I'm so thankful for the chance to go once a transfer.

Now on to our people :) we had the greatest miracle with an inactive
member named Nilo. He is the brother of one of my favorite members and
hasn't been to church in 15 years. We met him this week and shared 3
Nefi 18 about when Christ administered the sacrament to the nefites.
My testimony was strengthened about not only that the lord prepares
people, but about how great of a teacher the Book of Mormon is.
Because guess what? He came yesterday! And we are meeting with him
tonight to eat ceviche my favorite Peruvian food :) he's a miracle!

Our investigators are progressing along! We saw Calixto 4 times this
week haha bless his Heart! The members have been helping so much with
him and he has now come to church 2 times in a row :) we need to
change is fecha, but I have faith that he'll get baptized soon. The
members have also helped us so much with Martin and he loves them. We
taught about the sacrament this week and he normally works sundays,
but he promised he'd come next week. Praying hard for him! That guy
loves the Book of Mormon it's the best.

Lourdes is doing well, she is struggling a little bit though. Her
husband is Spaniard and he really doesn't like the idea of her meeting
with us or getting baptized. That makes things like seeing her or her
coming to church a little difficult, but she knows the church is true
so we'll keep hoping, praying, and doing our part. Elena and Ramber
are still doing great though :)

I have to tell you guys the worst thing that happened this week. You
need to understand first though that we talk to so many people every
day and it is really hard for me to remember everyone's faces. We had
set up an appointment with a future investigator named Jose in a park
and when we showed up he called us and said he would be 20 more
minutes so we went and contacted. We were talking with a guy and all
of the sudden this random guy comes up and is just creeping on us. We
finished our conversation, said hi to this creepy guy just staring at
us contacting, then ran back to the park thinking we were late. We got
to the park and called Jose to see where he was and he said, "You just
said hi to me then ran away!" The creepy guy was Jose!!!!! I feel
terrible. We were bad representatives of Jesus Christ right there we
totally forgot about him. Hopefully he will give us a second chance
haha! So terrible.

Happy note though- I don't know if you remember Roberto (investigator
from Alcorcon) but he got baptized this week!! He always had a
testimony and the desires, but he didn't have permission from his
parents. He turned 18 though and now is a member of the church! He's
planning on a mission and everything :) I love it!!

I think that's about it for this week. This is my last week with my
companion before she goes home and it breaks my heart!!! People ending
their missions is the worst. We are ready to give it our all though so
she can finish strong. I love you all and am so thankful for your
wonderful examples. The church is true! Have a great week!
xo,
Hermana Marsh

 Recent convert Smith. He's the best hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment