Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015

Hola mi familia!

Can you believe that it is August already?! The time is going by way too fast. It seems like just a couple months ago that Doug & Kim told me they were pregnant and now our sweet Amanda Jayne is here! She is gorgeous. Very proud aunt over here :) Thank you for all of the pictures and videos you all look great.

This week was a week of miracles- we have baptismal dates for Vanessa & her girls and Susi & her girls!! First I'll update you on Vanessa, Cory, and Judy.  We were teaching them this week and brought up their baptism and how they were feeling about the whole thing. The girls said that they were ready to go and wanted to get baptized right then and there! We discussed it a little, and are preparing them for August 14th. That's next week! They are progressing so well and absolutely love the gospel. They have come for 4 weeks in a row now WITH their grandfather. He was inactive for 16 years!! Miracles miracles miracles.

Now to Susi. We had a lesson with her this week with the bishop's help and WOW was it great. We didn't even teach haha the bishop said everything that she needed to hear! We left feeling very hopeful for the future.  Yesterday at church her girls shared their testimonies and during relief society she told me she was going to pick a date for her baptism. She wasn't ready to tell me when, but told me that she had received an answer. Then we ate at the Roka's after dinner and she told us that her and her family want to get baptized September 19th. Amazing!!! It's still quite a bit away, but the fact that she received her answer and picked her own date is outstanding. So excited for them!

Update on Lilian. Remember how we were excited for the move in hopes that we could work out the law of chastity thing? Turns out it hasn't been that great. They moved super far away- almost an hour in guagua. We haven't had a lot of contact with them this week and they weren't at church yesterday, but we haven't lost faith yet! 

On the brighter note though, we found new investigators!! Her name is Carolina, her husband Isaac, and her daughter Laura. We contacted her on the guagua and met with her this week and she really is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Our very first visit she fed us lunch, gave us flowers, and drove us around to see the island a little. The only down side is she lives in the north of the island which is about an hour away, but again, we have faith! A lot of potential with them we are excited. 

Also, I saw a chicken get its head cut off this week. That was gross.

I was reading a talk this week by Sylvia H. Allred and even though they are her words, they are my feelings exactly so I thought i'd share them with you :) "My mission had a great impact on my life. I learned to rely more on the Lord, to seek the guidance of the Spirit, and to feel an overwhelming love for God’s children. My knowledge of the scriptures and my understanding of the doctrines increased. So did my desire to be obedient and to keep the commandments with exactness. My testimony of the Savior and His infinite Atonement was strengthened. My missionary experiences became part of who and what I am. Missionary work became my passion. It has impacted my life and that of my family more than anything else."

I know the church is true and am so grateful for the light it is in my life. We are so eternally blessed! I love you all and hope you have an incredible week. Un beso!

xoxo
Hermana Marsh
Sent from my iPad
We went hiking in San Mateo today! BEAUTIFUL!

 Carolina and Laura :)
 Mini Hermana Marsh and Rossberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment