Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 24, 2015

Mis Queridos
So fun to read about your weeks- you sound like you are doing great! I
am so thankful for your support. You really are the best! To answer
questions, I got to know a little bit more about my new companion this
week since I was with her 24/7 ;) She is 21, from Michigan, studying
photography, and guess what! Youngest of 6 (me too), 4 to serve a
mission (me too), and has 8 nieces and nephews (me too if you don't
count Kevin haha). She is great though I feel so lucky to get to serve
with her. Hearing her testimony every day is such a great experience
for me! She is a hard worker, and i'm very excited for this transfer.

My "not my will but thine will be done" lesson was put into practice
this week. First, with Susi. The reason why she picked her baptismal
date was because it her mom's birthday who died a few years ago. She
was SO excited, not kidding when I say every time she saw me she would
tell me how many days are left. The problem is that weekend is our
Stake Conference and so we aren't allowed to have baptisms that
weekend. Her face was so disappointed when she found out. We are
trying to see if we can move the date around, but she has her heart
pretty set on that day so we will see. Vanessa and Lilian are kind of
in the same situation, only with different commandments. We tried to
set some plans with them involving dates, but by the end my companion
and I both felt like as far as baptism goes, we felt we needed to be
patient. They both have strong testimonies and desires to be members
of the church, but have things they need to work out first. Is it the
most ideal situation for us? No, but I learned this week I want what
The Lord wants to happen. The Lord has a plan for these three
incredible women and I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach
them and see their testimonies grow every week.

On a happier note though, I have two new people to tell you about! The
first is Danny. He stopped us on the guagua wanting to know more about
the mormon church. It was so cute he came to english class and when he
was introducing himself he said, "Hi i'm Danny, and I'm here because I
want to learn more about Mormons." Ah! We met with him after that to
teach him lesson 1 haha :) He is accepting what we have taught so far
and is reading, so we are really excited to see his progress! We also
got a reference from the hermanas in Telde of a woman named Marina.
She is from Brazil and she is the most caring person! We were able to
have a lesson with her this week with a member from Brazil, and now
they are best friends. She came to church yesterday and loved it! She
fit right in it was great.

The MiƱaca Family is doing great as well. Their situation is a little
different because they are practicing evangelists. Like, the dad is
the priest and everything. I was super intimidated at first, but we
started teaching and The Spirit took over. We taught The Plan of
Salvation and they had so many great questions!! They also have a son
that isn't active in their church that they want us to meet. I'm
trying not to get my hopes up, but they love the Book of Mormon and
want us to teach their son, so I can't help but be excited for this
family! It will be little by little, but they really are great.

So long this week I'm so sorry! I need to share something funny. We
had a stake activity this week up in the north of this island and I
got absolutely fried. Seriously everyone was calling me a lobster
yesterday at church. Missionary tan lines are the best! We went hiking
this morning to a place called Roque Nublo, and that didn't help
anything haha! Way fun though, this island is gorgeous.

I love being a missionary. This is The Lord's work and I am so
grateful to be apart of it! I love you and hope you have a great week!

xo,
Hermana Marsh

 Stake activity! First with my companion 
 and later with Naty and Stefi,  Susi's girls :)
 Missionaries in Gran Canaria!
Hi tenerife!
 Here we are at the top of Roque Nublo!
 
Yami came!! Words don't describe how much I love her. She really is
one of my best friends!
 The most amazing views!


No comments:

Post a Comment