Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015

Hola Mi Familia! 

Wow I can´t believe another transfer has come and gone. We are into Steph´s last transfer I can´t believe it! Really I never thought this day would come. Time flies. Thank you so much for the e-mails it is so fun to hear from you all! You sound great and look even better :) 

We received the great news that Hermana Rossberg and I will be staying together another transfer! And I am so happy about it :) The best news of the day though. Hermana Finch is coming to the Islands! And the best news of all... her companion is Hermana Santiago!! Two of some of my best friends are companions are companions and we are all in the same zone. SO FUN! 

This week was such a great one. First off, the Zone Conference was amazing. I know I sound like a broken record but really the Jacksons are incredible. They only have one month left here and it breaks my heart! They gave such inspriring messages though. Lots of great messages were shared, but what stuck out to me was Hermana Jackson spoke about the importance of being bold and President Jackson spoke about going for it. I really didn´t come here to lay up!! I need to go for it and make the most of these last 10 months. Such a great meeting and SO fun to be with all of the missionaries. 

Also I can´t let another minute go by without telling you how incredible Yamilka is. We had a great lesson this week and the most touching experience happened after church yesterday. The lesson was on families and I was a little worried how she would take it because we went into some pretty deep doctrince. She came up to me after though with tears in her eyes saying how much she wants a family like that. "Me encanta... Me encanta!" So grateful for her. Her baptism is the 6th of June and she couldn´t be more ready. I love this woman so much!!

We found a new investigator this week that I wanted to tell you guys about too. Her name is Beduth and it honestly was one of the best first lessons i´ve ever had. She had so many great questions! One of my favorites was, "I don´t know if you guys know, but I have always been so confused about why God only has a book about the people in Jerusalem. I am from South America, and aren´t we important to?!" We then explained the Book of Mormon and I wish you could see her face when we told her it was for her. She lit up! She said she wasn´t interested in joining any church, but I am excited to meet with her again this week. 

I think that is about it for this week! Lots of miracles and testimony builders, but those were definetely the highlights :) I feel so extremely blessed to be here. I can´t imagine where I would be without this gospel in my life and being a missionary has made me realize that even more. Thank you so much for all of the support. I love you!

xoxo,
hermana marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment