Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

Mi Familia :)

Oh I am still on cloud 9 from Saturday you guys are the absolute best. I am overwhelmed and how blessed I am to have you all as my family. Thank you for making Saturday possible it was the best thing I could have asked for! Love you all to pieces :) And I can´t forget to highlight my angel mother on Mother´s Day. How lucky am I to have Laurie Nelson Marsh as my mom?! Oh I love you and am so thankful for you in my life!

This week was absolutely nuts haha looking back it feels like I didn´t even have time to breathe! But that´s because we were busy, and that´s the best thing as a missionary. I want to start off by telling you a little bit about our trip to Madrid. The trip in total was only a little over 24 hours, but wow was it amazing. Elder Dykes and Elder Allen were the speakers and they left us so ready to get to work.  As Steph said, the meeting wasn´t at all about iPads, but about how we can help people come unto Christ. It´s really interesting to see how technology will have a role in things.  They weren´t only training us how to use them as missionaries, but as members too. We are in a day in age where we have been blessed with technology, and we need to use it to share the gospel!

They also stressed obedience a lots, of coarse, throughout the meeting. They had an interesting insight that I wanted to share with you. Our obedience is a way to show our faith. When we aren´t being obedient, we are trusting that The Lord´s way is better than our own. Of course that applies to iPads, but being obedient in general. I loved that when we are obedient, we are not only showing The Lord that we love him, but we are demonstrating our faith in Him as well.

The work in Las Palmas is going really well! Although our week was cut short, we were able to get a lot of work done. We had a miracle that I kind of already shared on Skype, but it was awesome so i´m going to share it again :) We went up and contacted this woman on the street and for lack of better words, she wasn´t the nicest lady i´ve ever talked too. I was feeling really discouraged and tried to rub it off by saying to Hermana Rossberg, "No worries that´s just Satan trying to make us mad, we are about to find a golden!" And then we found ana :) She is from Romania and we sat and talked to her about 30 minutes about her beliefs and ours and she is incredible. We have another appointment with her tonight and I am so excited- she is darling!

I don´t know if you remember Paola, but we had an awesome first lesson with her about 3 weeks ago. She has been so busy with school and work, but we were able to visit with her this week and she is sooo great. So sad that she is so busy because the time that we have with her is so great! She accepted the invitation to be baptized though, and we have an appointment set up with her for this week. She is great i´m excited to see her progress!

Cristiani and Yamilka are both doing great :) Not much of an update for them this week, but they are both still progressing and doing well. Love these two women so much!! 

I think those are all of the highlights for this week. Lots of stories and miracles to share, but then we´d all be here all day so i´ll wrap it up :) I love you guys so much- really thank you so much for all that you do for me. Have a great week and I will talk to you so soon!

xo,
Hermana Marsh

ALL of the missionaries in my mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment