Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015


Hola Queridos!

Oh it's so great to hear from you all. Happy that everyone is doing
well and enjoyed conference :) Wasn't it amazing?! I still am in awe
at how blessed we are to get to experience that twice a year. It is
amazing that even though there are thousands of members all around the
world listening, it seems like the words were prepared just for me. I
came to conference with LOTS of questions and I was able to receive
guidance and direction from The Lord with all of them. I want to share
some insights with two of my questions, but first I have to recognize
my cute grandfather. He did amazing! I absolutely sobbed the whole
time haha! So very proud of him.

My first question will help you fill in a little bit about how my new
area is. Precursor though: This experience is not to complain! I feel
so incredibly blessed to be serving where I am and with who I am with.
I am doing great and am happy, this experience will just help the
miracle of the story :) We have a couple of friends that are
progressing and are ready to accept the gospel, but other than that we
are basically starting from square one. We have spent a lot of time in
the streets which has actually been a really great experience for me.
My weaknesses are becoming stronger and I have never given so much my
in my entire mission which is a great feeling when we get home every
night. We talked to everyone we passed and have had some amazing
conversations, but it is a little disheartening when the numbers turn
out being false or promised people don't show. My question was, "How
can I find happiness in trials and make sure I am giving it my all?"
After watching General Conference I was overwhelmed with The Spirit
and received my answer- love! Whether that means serving my companion,
seeing the people in the streets as children of God, or a simple smile
to the members here. Looking back I realized that that really is when
I am the happiest and i'm excited to put it in practice this week :)

My second question had regards to the spirit and how I can better
follow its whisperings. I had all types of different thoughts and
ideas running through my head throughout the conference and i'm not
going to lie, I felt a little confused by the end. My emotions were
all over the place, then cute President Eyring started. I think he
wrote that talk just for me! It was exactly what I needed to hear and
I can't wait to reread it. I LOVE conference! I love our dear prophet.
I am so grateful that someone like him is willing to give literally
everything he has so that I can be closer to my Heavenly Father and
Jesus Christ. The church is so true!

Okay there was my general conference rant. I love it!!! I really am so
happy to be here in Barrio 3. It's fun to be back in Madrid! :) The
members here are so great i'm so excited to get to know them better.
We do have one friend that I wanted to tell you about, her name is
Elena. EIGHT years ago she was praying to know which church she should
join. That night she had a dream and she saw a church and the plaque
was blurred except the last words: "ultimos dias." The NEXT DAY
missionaries came knocking at her door. How great is Heavenly Father?!
She has had problems getting divorce papers from Bolivia so that she
can marry her boyfriend, but all the papers are done! We are know just
waiting for them to be mailed here and her and her boyfriend are
getting married and baptized December 24th :) She is great!

My companion is a machine. This is her last transfer and you would
never guess it she is on fire! I am so grateful for her hard work, she
makes me a better missionary. And she helps me SO much with my spanish
ah!! So grateful for her. I am so excited for this transfer and to see
what The Lord has prepared for this part of his vineyard. Being a
missionary is my greatest blessing. I love it! Thank you for all of
the love and support you send my way. Have a great week!

xo,
hermana marsh



Some are missing, but a few of my cute companions! :)


 This woman got baptized one month ago and you would never believe it.
She is a rock! Her kids will be old enough to get baptized soon :) 
She is amazing and her kids are DARLING.

No comments:

Post a Comment