Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Hola mis cariños!

Oh it is so fun for me to read your emails every week. Mondays are the best! You all sound great thank you so much for the updates. Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet sister Allie! You are such a blessing in my life and I love you dearly! Hope you have a great birthday :)

This week was crazy haha missionary life is never boring that is for sure. I want to start with the highlight of the week- we went over the bautismal questions with Yamilka and she is good to go. We are having a baptism in Las Palmas this week! And it is one of my best friends :) I seriously love Yamilka so much I am so excited for this saturday. 

I also wanted to tell you about one of our other investigators named Elena. She is golden!! She started meeting with the missionaries in September by requesting a book of mormon from mormon.org. She has such an amazing testimony about the book of mormon! The only problem is her dad is really sick and she needs to take care of him which prevents her from coming to church. We are praying really hard for her, because she really is incredible. 

We also made it a goal to find lots of news this week because we were kind of lacking in that department. We found a few that I am excited about and I want to share the story of one of them. We were talking to this girl on the street who was super cute, but only really interested in english classes. We left her with one of her cards and a few days later we got a call from one of her friends that wanted help with english. We set up an appointment to go meet her and she had so many questions about the gospel. We have another lesson set up this week to go teach her and I am really excited about it. It is amazing how the lord puts people in our paths!

For the fun note- This week was dia de canaria! It was so fun to see everyone dressed up in their canarian clothes and try all the yummy food that this island has :) There were parades and everything it was so fun. And we were actually able to get some work done too which was a miracle! The highlight was the ward party haha so fun! 

Spiritual thought that I wanted to share. I was reading the talk that President Uchtdorf gave in priesthood session and he was talking about why he was there at conference. Even though it´s not about missionary work, I felt like it related perfectly to the situation I am in. He said, "I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my master, Jesus Christ. I yearn to do all htat he asks of me in this great cause... I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ." That really is why I am out here serving a mission! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ and the strength and joy the give me. I am so grateful to be a member of the church and to share the great news that it brings. I love you!

xoxo
Hermana Marsh 
My favorite p day activity! Ice cream on the beach :)
We go running in matching shirts :)
Dress up at Delia´s :) This member knows doug! I didn´t even have to say anything she just recognized my last name. So fun! 
Dia de canaria!! Everyone was dressed up in the cutest clothes. 
 Gabi!! Love this little boy. 
 LOOK AT THIS PIC! One of the members served with liz haha!!! 
 Family Home Evening Games :)

1 comment:

  1. So cool! Love the pic with Liz, and Gloria and Rich! Awesome! Madi is a doll! xoxo

    ReplyDelete