Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015

Mi Familia :)

Cutest pictures this week. Thank you so so much! So fun to see your darling faces. This week was incredible I can´t wait to tell you all about it!

First off- Yamis baptism :) Everything went perfectly. The program was seriously so nice and I still can´t believe that I was able to be apart of her conversion. You guys- Yamilka is seriously something else. I have never felt The Spirit more strong in my whole mission than I did at her baptism. My testimony is that much stronger because of that and I am so grateful for Yamilka and her wonderful influence on me. You have to meet her one day!! She´s the greatest.

We had the coolest miracle this week! We were freaking out a little bit because Yami got baptized which is amazing and everything, but we didn´t really have any other investigators that were progressing very much. It was fast sunday, and we fasted for how we could find news. Yesterday at church, an old investigator of the hermana´s and her 2 daughters came to church. They loved it! One of her daughters even bore her testimony.  We met with them after and set up an appointment to see them this week. Last night we were looking in the carpeta to find some information about her and it turns out that she met with the missionaries in 2013 and loved everything, but her ex-husband told her daughters that they had to do their communion in the catholic church in spring 2015. She didn´t want to confuse her daughters so she asked to not have anymore visits until June of 2015. And the first sunday in June they showed up :) WHAT?! Seriously so great. I am so excited to teach them!

Elena is also doing really well. We had a lesson with her this week about the Holy Ghost and talked to her about baptism. Her situation is really hard right now with her Dad being so sick. She told her that if her situation were different, she would get baptized. She is incredible though I am not worried about her one bit. The Lord has a plan for her and I know everything will work out great! She finished the Book of Mormon for the first time and when we asked her how she felt she said, "Great, but I need to read it again!" Made me smile :) 

One more investigator then I swear I´m done. We were calling old investigators in the phone and came across Vanessa. We met with her once, but didn´t have a ton of time and told her we´d come back again a few days later. When we went, her 10 year old daughter was there and told us that she wants to get baptized. So we did what missionaries do when people want to get baptized and we started teaching her the lessons, but I´m not kidding you when I say we hardly taught. Her mom Vanessa knows everything!! She answered all of the questions so well and I really can´t figure out why she´s not a member haha! She really is awesome. So we´re going to figure out a little more info and get back to you on that one haha :) Lots of miracles though!

And for the funny thought- there is cow stomach in my stomach right now. I wanted to die a little bit last night. Cow stomach- not yummy. Also, we went paintballing this morning and I have a welt the size of a golf ball on my arm. But things could be worse, I could have 6 like my companion hahah :) 

I love you guys and am so thankful for your wonderful examples in my life! Thank you for your prayers and support. I love being a missionary and am so thankful for this time I have to serve The Lord. Have a great week, i´ll talk to you soon! 

xoxo,
Hermana Marsh
The mission changes you... Steph likes chicken and I like sushi! 
 Best thing happened this week. We were teaching a less active family and they have this darling little 2 year old girl. I showed her the picture of madden and said that he can be "su futuro esposo" :) She help on to that picture the rest of the lesson! When it was time to go I took the picture from her and she started bawling hahaha!!! Madden already is a hearbreaker ;) 
 We got rained on on baptism day. The worst!! 
 Yami´s baptism!! :) 
 One of my favorite pictures. 2 of some of my favorite people here in Las Palmas! 
 Vanessa´s family has a pet ferret... I didn´t want a repeat of the cat incident so I didn´t hold it, but I just needed you guys to know that our investigator has a pet ferret and it stresses me out a little bit. 
 PAINTBALLING! Didn´t hurt as much as I thought it would and was way more fun than I thought it would be! 


 Paintballing before and after:)


1 comment: