Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015

Hola mi familia!

Oh what fun pictures and videos I got this week! I am so happy that everyone had a happy easter and a happy conference. The pictures were so great! It was a great week for us here in Alcorcón :)

To start off, wow conference was incredible! I was able to watch all of the conferences except for sunday afternoon, but I just finished watching Grandfather´s so don´t worry i´m all caught up on that! I watched some in Spanish and some in English, but am happy to report that I was able to understand both! I really love this time of the year it was so incredible to hear the words of the leaders of the church.  I only cried 4 times!! Hahaha little bit of an emotional wreck over here ;) 

One talk that really stuck out to me was the man that spoke about listening to the words and hearing the music. I can´t remember his name right now, but this one really hit me.  It is so applicable to every person no matter where their circumstances are and I can´t wait to share it with our investigators, members, and less actives here in Spain.  I also loved Mike´s talk on service. His insight on his missionary companion answered so many questions of mine and I will definitely be reading that one a lot through out my mission. And I can´t forget Grandfather´s! Oh keeping the Sabbath Day Holy is such an important concept and it was so fun for me to hear his words. Oh I love conference! 

This week for the work was a great one.  We were able to continue to meet with Ike and he asked to have his baptismal date pushed back a few weeks. He feels like he likes coming to church and feels the spirit when he reads, but hasn´t received an answer yet and would like to be more sure.  I am suprised at how okay I am with it! Even though I might not be able to see it, it makes me happy that he realizes what a big decision this is and the importance to be converted.  

I have to tell you a quick story about an older spanish lady we contacted on the street this week names Irene.  We asked her is she had heard of the Book of Mormon before and she said yes! Then she just started going off about all the doctrine of the Book of Mormon and we were stunned at everything she knew! We then asked her what she knew about that restoration and she said oh I know all about Daniel Smith and how he found the Book of Mormon in Canada! Hahah made me giggle :) Minor details, but this woman really knew so much about the church! She unfortunately lives in a different city, but the missionaries in Toledo are very lucky! It made my day to contact her :) 

Something really awesome about my mission- Spain likes to stay up really late so the hour changed this week and we now work from 7:30 to 11:30 which means we got to sleep in a little yesterday. Wahoo! It will be a miracle if I can keep myself awake until 11:30, but it really is so necesary for the people we are teaching.  

I think that is about it for this week! We had an awesome Zone Conference where I learned the importance of Preach My Gospel and talking to everyone we see. It was such a great meeting it made me so thankful to be a missionary! I also just need to take a second to tell you guys how much I love the Book of Mormon. I have always loved it, but this week I was reading in Mosiah and Alma the Younger is the best.  I love his dedication to serve the Lord and I want to be more like him. The Book of Mormon is incredible. I love you guys thank you so much for all of the love and support. ¡Tenga una buena semana!
os amo :)

xoxo
hermana marsh
This is my favorite person... Beatriz :) No clue what I would do without her!! 
 I got spoiled rotten this week!! Easter package from the family and a happy unbirthday package from emma :) Thank you so so much!!! 
I have a really cute window now :) 
 I faced my fear this week! 
 Dying easter eggs with the Hermanas in Mostoles :)  
 Dying eggs! 


 My cute companions :) 
 Thanks for the easter skirt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment