Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015


Hola Mis Queridos :)


Here we are at Monday again! I can't believe it. Currently writing you

from the airport on the way to Madrid. We have our Mission Leadership
Conference tomorrow, then we are off to Tenerife for intercambios.
It's going to be a crazy week! Sad to not get to be in Las Palmas with
our investigators and members, but The Lord will be taking good care
of them while we are gone. It sounds like you had a great week! I'm
excited to tell you about mine.



At the beginning of this week, I went to Telde to do an intercambio

with Hermana Clements and it went great! I went on my very first
intercambio with her when she was only 7 months in the mission, and
now she's in her last transfer. It was fun to see how we have grown
over the last 10 months (especially in spanish!). I learned a lot from
her and I'm grateful I got to go. As always though, I was very happy
to be back in my area with my companion and investigators. They are
the best!!



First up this week, Danny. He is doing great! We went to a family home

evening with the Mesa Family last night and they were astounded at how
he found us and how quickly he is progressing. One of the members kept
on saying, "wow this guy is a golden!" We feel igual :) I love our
lessons with Danny. He always comes with about 4 or 5 questions and
always asks us questions in between. He has been to church 3 weeks in
a row now, and is still preparing for next week! He knows he wants to
get baptized, he's just not sure if he wants to do it this fast or
not. Totally understandable, and we will be happy with whatever he
chooses!



We met with Marina this week and great news... she has a fecha! We

taught The Plan of Salvation and she absolutely loved it. She accepted
her date without a doubt :) We still have things to teach, but we're
going forward with faith. She is one of the most giving people. It
doesn't matter what we say, she never lets us leave empty handed. She
is still our little missionary and is always mingling with the other
members. She's great!



Our girls (Vanessa, Lilian, and Susi) are all doing great as well. Big

news is we had Susi's interview this week and she is good to go! This
week people!!! I remember her telling us September 20th and thinking
it was ages away, but here we are. So excited for her.



I need to take a minute to talk about the members here. I'm diligent

in letting you know about the people we are teaching, but I very
rarely talk about the people that are keeping me together. These
members here are my family and I am so thankful for them! Whether it's
helping with lessons, inviting us over for lunch, or even just
visiting with us at church on Sunday, I will forever be thankful for
them! I couldn't do this without them and I hope you can meet them one
day :) Okay rant over haha!



We were immensely blessed this week. I'm still amazed every time I

think about it. Between members, contacts from other missionaries, and
contacts from ourselves, we had a lot of lesson 1's set up for this
last week. Normally lesson 1's have a history for being a little
sketchy, but all of them were amazing. We are starting this next week
with a lot of new investigators, and I am so grateful! I'm not going
to tell you about them yet because I don't want to jinx it, but stay
tuned :) It's my 4th transfer here and i'm just kicking myself because
I don't want to leave! There is a lot of work to be done here and I
wouldn't mind staying in Paradise a little longer, but I'll go where
The Lord wants me to go!



The church is true. I know it, I live it, I love it! And sharing it is

the greatest experience I have ever had. Thank you so much for the
love and support. Have a great week! 



xo,

Hermana Marsh


I had to eat cake blindfolded in district meeting this week... Score.
 Our Pinterest skills were put to test this week. Our recent converts daughter turned three this week and we were put in charge of the balloon arch. I thought it turned out pretty great! These girls are darling!!
Carmen turned 13 this week! Only 5 more years until her baptism wahoo!!! :)
I took Hermana Griffin to my favorite spot this week. Paradise!
Madie made it to Madrid for the leadership training.  Here is what she had to say:
"We made it to Madrid and look who we got to visit! I LOVE the Lovells.
They are amazing! Fun way to celebrate one year in the mission :)"


No comments:

Post a Comment