Monday, December 28, 2015

December 28, 2015

Mis Queridos :)

Oh I'm still on cloud 9 from Christmas. It was so great to see your
faces! Fastest 40 minutes of my life. Thank you so much for making it
possible that I could talk to everyone! I'm happy to hear that you all
had a Merry Christmas. It really is something special to spend
Christmas as a missionary. I love it! Although I will say I'm happy
that that was my second and final one... I don't think my stomach
could take it a 3rd year haha! The families here are SO good to us and
we were definitely taken care of this year. I love it here in Barrio 3
and feel very blessed to have been here for the holidays!

Okay I have lots to update you on. I was sick two weeks ago and skyped
instead of wrote last week, so I have 3 weeks to fill you in on!
Lourdes is doing GREAT! She's probably the person I am most excited
about. I don't know what it was, but she has a completely different
light about her then she did when we first started teaching her. She
has come to church every week and she even brought her daughter
yesterday. The members adored her it was the cutest thing. I'm so sad
she's leaving in just a couple weeks, but she'll be back in February
and we'll get everything ready for her baptism :)

Ramber's brother gets home from his mission TOMORROW! The moment we
have all been waiting for! We had a noche de hogar last night with the
whole family and I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous. Last
time we went it was very clear that we weren't wanted there by his mom
and sister, but last night was completely different. I don't know if
it's because there son is coming home in two days or not, but they
were happy to have us there and I think we were able to establish a
better relationship with them. We have his homecoming this week and we
are praying for a miracle so Ramber can get baptized! He's so ready
and i'm excited for him to have a little more support from home.

I don't know if you remember Sonia, but she has progressed SO much the
last couple of weeks. She's been coming to church, reading, and
praying. We also finished teaching the commandments and although she
has a few problems with some of them, she is willing to make the
changes she needs. We are preparing for her baptism the 16th! And as
long as she keeps progressing the way she has been, I have no doubt
that she will be ready. She made us a little Christmas dinner the day
after Christmas and it seriously was the cutest thing. She is so good
to us!

Nicole is doing really great as well. Still working on Sundays so she
can't come to church, but she came to the ward party and a movie night
that we had. We watched the best two years and she loved it-
especially the part where he got baptized. She had so many great
questions after and I am really excited for her.

Calixto got the priesthood yesterday and Nilo is still one of my
favorite people on the planet. Just so you don't forget about them :)

We have had a lot of miracles here in Barrio 3, but i'll stop there or
we will be here all day. I CANNOT believe that 2015 will be over this
week. I feel robbed a little!  My full year of being a missionary went
by so fast. I'm so thankful for this year and the opportunities that
my Heavenly Father has given me to grow here in Spain. There is no
where else I would have rather spent it. I love it here! I'm excited
to apply the things i've learned so that 2016 can be the best year
yet. I love you and hope you have a Happy New Year!

xo,
Hermana Marsh
One more from Christmas. My sweet ananda! These are the cutest kids on
the planet.
 My face looks a little creepy, but here's sonia at our christmas
dinner :) She got me caja roja for christmas... She is the nicest to
us!!
Also my christmas outfit :) Skirt from Emma and mel and cardigan from
mom. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment