Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

Hola Mi Familia!

Oh it´s so great to hear from you all- You sound amazing! Thank you for all of the great pictures and videos.  I have the cutest family in the world! This week was absolutely nuts haha get ready!

First off, we had an intercambio this week and I went to Mostoles with Hermana Brumble.  I had a an amazing experience and I learned something about myself! As all of you know, i´m a little crazy when it comes to punctuality.  Hermana Brumble is too, and for that day we weren´t late one minute and it was amazing how much less stressed out I was.  I was able to give all of my attention during the lessons to our investigators and the spirit and they were really powerful moments for me.  I hope to be able to apply that here in Alcorcón!

We recieved 2 new investigators that I want to tell you about.  The first is Palosky.  Hermana Costagliola and her companion before me contacted him in the street, but he wasn´t too interested.  Well, he showed up at church this week! He said that he wants to know more about the gospel and we have an appointment set this week :) HE came to US! I am trying not to get too excited because that really never happens, but it was a great feeling.

The second person I want to tell you about is Sandra.  I was starting to lose faith in contacting because all of our investigators that are interested are member references BUT Sandra changed me :) We found her contacting and visited her this week.  We had such a great first lesson! She asked us about church, the next lesson, and was really so nice.  She wasn´t able to come to church this week, but we are going to try and meet with her again and I really am so excited. She´s great!

Fulgencio came to church!!!!! He is the guy that works in the fruterria and I was seriously so happy when we walked into the building and saw him there.  It really is a little sad how happy it makes me when our investigators come to church, but oh well :) I think he liked it and I am excited to keep meeting with him and see how he progresses!

Last but not least, we had our baptism!!! Charly was baptized yesterday and it was so awesome.  I do have to say though, it was one of the weirder baptisms I´ve been to.  Let´s just say a 13 year old, freezing cold water, literally sprinting and squiling (how do you spell that?!) out of the font don´t make for the most spiritual moment in the world, but he followed the example of Jesus Christ and was baptized so I am happy! And his testimony after was the cutest :)

I don´t know how to fit this in, but it needs to be said.  Two of my favorite members told me this week that my face is getting bigger... ouch hahaha!


And for the big news... Transfer week is here and Hermana Costagliola got transfered to Santa Cruz (Canary Islands).  I am staying here with Hermana Finch.  She is DARLING! She is from Panguitch (for you Mckaela Evertsen :)) and I really am so excited to be working with her.  Funny story- we had a Zone Conference and I told Hermana Costagliola that I wanted to make more friends so I went and sat by Hermana Finch and we talked for about 20 minutes before the meeting started. Little did I know she would be my new companion! I am so excited to be working with her it´s going to be great :) I love you all and hope you have the best week!!

xoxo,
hermana marsh 

Say hello to the cutest baby in the world.  I love my investigators!!
 BAPTISM :)
 Father and sone :) This picture melts my heart!
 Saying goodbye to my companion :(

Love this girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment