Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

Hola Mi Familia! 

It is so great to hear from you all this week! The birthday celebrations looked like so much fun :) I loved all of the pictures and videos thank you so so much!

Oh I have lots to tell you this week and I really hope it doesn´t come out like a mess, I really can´t remember English sometimes.  The first thing I want to tell you about is Los Reyes.  After P-day on Monday, we tried to set up some appointments, but no one was able to because it was basically Christmas Eve only bigger.  Not looking forward to it too much, we decided to contact for the rest of the night.  WHAT A BLESSING! During Los Reyes, there is a huge parade kind of similar to the 4th of July and there were so many people in the street that night.  Seriously though- i´m talking Disneyland at Halloweentime packed. It was awesome! We received almost the same amount of numbers in one night that we do in a normal week, plus we got to watch the parade :) After the parade we went back so our piso and ate some Roscon, the dessert that Spaniards only eat during this holiday.  The culture here is so fun I love Los Reyes!

Hermana Costagliola is the Sister Training Leader and had a meeting at the mission home on Tuesday, so I went to work with the sisters in Mostoles.  It was my first time being in a trio and it was really fun! They are both from Utah so it was fun to talk to them and get to know them a little better. We were able to teach some lessons and it was fun to see how other missionaries work.  That being said, I was happy to be back home in Alcorcón with Hermana Costagliola :) 

That didn´t last very long though because since she is the sister training leader, she has to do intercambios with all the Hermanas in our Zone so Wednesday we had another intercambio.  I stayed in Alcorcón with a Hermana Quintana.  She is from Bolivia and speaks absolutely. no. english. I was scared out of my mind you guys!! But I am happy to report that I survived and it was actually a great experience :) I still have a long way to go with the Spanish, but it was fun to have a 24 hour English fast. Plus she is GREAT! The lessons we had were awesome and it was really great to have her help here in Alcorcón.

I have some good news and I have some bad news.  We met with Rolando and Charly this week and Rolando needs a little bit more before he wants to be baptized.  I was a little sad at first, but I don´t want him to feel pressure and baptism is a big deal so I want him to feel ready.  That being said, Charly still wants to be baptized this week so that will be something to look forward too :)

I didn´t tell you guys about one of our investigators named Roberto, and I can´t really figure out why because he is great.  He is 17 years old and is a "friend" of one of the girls in the branch ;) He had a date to be baptized before he came, but his family wasn´t too happy about it so he decided to wait until they feel a little bit better about it.  I love teaching him though because he always talks about how excited he is to be a member, go to the temple, and be a missionary.  Such a fulfilling feeling for a missionary! He´s going to get baptized.  I don´t know when, but it´s going to happen!

Last story, sorry these things always turn into novels! We had an awesome lesson with Edwin this week.  We taught about the word of wisdom, but somehow (not somehow, the spirit :)) led to the Atonement.  The spirit was so strong- he started crying! This is a strong 47 year old colombian man you guys, it really was so powerful.  He said he wants to come to church and as soon as he finds the opportunity to talk to his boss, he is going to ask to work on saturdays and not sundays so he can come.  He is really so great! Same with Roberto, he´s going to get baptized.  I don´t know when, but it is going to happen!

I think that is about it for this week.  I ate lots of delicious food, spoke lots of spanish, and felt the spirit every day.  Transfers are this next week and my companion is most likely leaving me which breaks my heart, but i´m ready to start this next chapter and go forward with faith.  Being a missionary is hard, but wow it is the best decision I have ever made.  I learn more about the gospel every day and it is shaping the kind of missionary I want to be and the life I want to live when I come home.  I know Heavenly Father loves each and every one of his children and he wants us to return back and live with him again.  Because of this love and desire, we have the gospel to help us.  All we need to do is choose it! Les quiero muchisimo y espero que tengan una buena semana :) UN BESO <3

xoxo, 
hermana marsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment