Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

Hola Familia!
This week was a crazy one and I have so much to tell you! We had our big zone conference this week, I have some great news... David Archuletta is coming to Spain!!! We have a Christmas fireside the 21st and I could not be more excited. We also learned that we are getting ipads, but we don´t know when haha! We all got super excited for no reason, but that´s okay! One day it will be our turn :)  The Zone Conference was so awesome.  It was so fun to see all the missionaries, including Hermana Toone and Santiago! I also learned so much from the Jacksons.  My favorite line of the day was, I didn´t come here to lay up, I came here to go for it. Isn´t that the truth! It gave me the motivation I needed to do my very best.  Plus I had "ya neva lay up" stuck in my head the rest of the day ;)

We got to go to the temple this week too and that was such a great experience for me.  I understood lots more than I did in the CCM! Plus I had a really great experience there too.  My companion saw some of her friends from Italy and we went to go talk to them.  It turns out one of the girls is in Steph´s ward in Rome! I may or may not have freaked out a little bit :) It was so great to talk to her, she says Steph is an amazing missionary!
I also have a funny and slightly inappropriate story for this week, please don´t judge me.  We were at an investigators house and they have a cute little 9 year old.  I like talking to her the most because she doesn´t judge my spanish, but anyway! She came up to me this week ad said, "Hermana Marsh, ¿Que significa (insert swearword here)?" AHHH!!!! I just froze I didn´t know what to do! Meanwhile my companion is laughing her head off haha! It really was the best and worst moment all at the same time!

I want to tell you about one girl we found this week.  Here name is Renee and she is the cutest.  She is 19 years old and we found her while we were contacting.  When we went to go visit her, we noticed her aunt was interested too which is the best thing for a missionary.  Plus she has the cutest daughter on the planet! Anyway, we started teaching them and they have so many great questions about the gospel and I can´t wait to see where things go with them.
I want to take a minute to tell you all how thankful I am for each of you, since it´s thanksgiving and all :) I have always been obsessed with my family you all know that, but being on the mission has never made me appreciate you more.  I am so thankful for all of the love and support I receive each week, you really are amazing! I am so thankful for this gospel in my life and the happiness that it brings me.  I am thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission and help the people of Spain know that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them.  The gospel is true and I love it with all my heart! I love you guys and hope you have the best Thanksgiving whether it´s in Japan, Italy, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, or Arizona. Un Beso Grande!!
xoxo, 
hermana marsh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment