Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 58- Morocco

Today was our day trip to Morocco and oh my gosh it was so fun! I couldn't believe I was in Africa the whole day.  What a dream! We had our own personal tour and it was perfect.  We were able to stop and start whenever we wanted it was so great! 

We thought this view was pretty so we stopped to take a pic! 

One more :) We finally had a tour guide to take pictures of the three of us together! Wahoo! 

Included in our tour was a little morning tea with an absolutely incredible view.  Here's our tour guide hahaha such a funny little man! 


 Not quite sure if this is allowed or not- but I am a little embarrassed to say that I liked it... kind of a lot. 


After tea we stopped to ride some camels! WHAT! 

I literally was laughing the whole time- camels are such funny animals! This was probably the highlight of this day it was so fun.



Look at them! Hahah they are so funny. And I love my mom! 

After camels we went to downtown Tangier where we had lunch.  I was so nervous because they ordered for us, but it turned out to be so yummy! They fed us SO MUCH.  We started with soup, then this pot roast type dish, skewers, fruit, and drinks were included to I got a sprite.  I kind of felt like I was going to die after it was so yummy.  


Then we went to old town Tangier and we saw a lot of beautiful buildings like this one.  Most of the people in tangier are muslim so it was fun to see their lifestyle and listen to their traditions.

Here we are on the beautiful coast! 



We then stopped in a little scarf shop on the street.  The guy put head wraps on all of us it was so funny.  These scarfs were seriously so soft though- we caved and bought some for all the girls in the family.  

Then we went to the food market- that honestly was one of the most gross things I have ever experienced.  Dead. animals. everywhere.  Most of them weren't even feathered or anything yet!!! My mom and I were seriously so sick I thought I might need to be a vegetarian.  Luckily that didn't last and i'm over it :) 


Here we are at the top of the carpet shop- a little idea of what tangier looks like! 

Today was a dream.  Morocco is so fun! I'm not exactly dying to go again because it isn't exactly the cleanest, but I am SO glad we got to go.  It was amazing!! Best day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment