Sunday, April 10, 2016

March 7, 2016 FINAL EMAIL!

My wonderful Family

I can't believe that this moment is actually here. It hasn't really hit me yet, but sitting here waiting for my interview is making it a little more real. I have so many feelings right now and I there's no way I'll be able to express my feelings, but I'm going to do my best.

Throughout my mission I have acquired a love for the hymn "I stand all amazed." The truth is I like the words better in Spanish, but the point still stands in English :) I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me! I especially love the second verse of this song. "I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine. To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine. That he should extend his great love as to such as I, sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify." That really is what Christ does for us. He rescues us! My mission has shown me this promise not only in myself, but in the lives of the people I love so much here in Spain. I love my Savior! I know he lives.

I thought I would be sad about ended my mission, but the truth is I'm okay. A little scared yes, but my title really doesn't change. As it says in 3 Nephi 5: 13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." Even after I take my chapa off, I still get to be a disciple of Christ. I know Him, I honor Him, I love Him, and will serve Him with all my heart might mind and strength.

My mission has converted me. What started out as beliefs has changed into knowledge. I know that this is the true church of my beloved Savior Jesus Christ! This knowledge has laid the foundation of what I will build on for the rest of my life. And the best part is, I never have to stop being a missionary. I love this work with all of my heart and will forever be indebted to my Heavenly Father for this remarkable blessing to serve with Him in Spain for 18 months. It has completely changed my life. I love the people here and am so sad to leave them. But then I remember I get you in my arms soon and I feel better about it :) thank you so much for the support you have given me this last year and a half. I really couldn't have done this without you. I love you and am so grateful that I get to be with you forever!! See you so soon

Started it with this girls and now o, ending it with them! 
Oh I love these three.

 Matching jerseys! :)
 Cookies with Leidy!

 A few of my wonderful members from Barrio 3!












No comments:

Post a Comment